Wednesday 15 August 2012

Interactive Bible-Study - Hebrews 11 - Christ in the faith of Jacob


Tonight Stefano will lead an interactive Bible-Study on the series on Hebrew 11.

The goal is to see Hebrews 11 as a museum gallery full of portraits, but each one of them is pointing to the end of the gallery: that is Christ!

Tonight  we'll answer in groups at these questions:
  1. Would you use Romans 9:13 (see Malachi 1:1-3) to explain the biblical concept of election to salvation? Why?
  2. Why do you think God allows that Jacob tricks Isaac, or that Laban does it to Jacob, or that Jacob marries Leah, Bilhah and Zilpah without really loving them?
  3. Would you say that in your life your have "fought" with the Lord or that you have tried to "get" something from God outside His will? In which way does Matthew 11:28-30 answer to this?
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment