Saturday 10 August 2013

Series: the 7 "I am" sayings of Jesus Christ - 7 "I am the true vine, my Father is the vinedresser, you are the branches"

 
Tomorrow Stefano will conclude the series
on the 7 "I am" sayings of Jesus in the
Gospel of John engaging with John 15:1-17:
"I am the true vine, my Father is the vinedresser, you are the branches.".

 
To introduce this sermon we'll interact with the question: "What does give you joy in your life?"
 
 
These will then be the two main points of the sermon:
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
2. I am the vine; you are the branches
 
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser...
I am the vine; you are the branches. 
Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, 
for apart from me you can do nothing...
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
"

John 15:1, 5, 11 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment